Powered by Blogger.
RSS

20 BEST BLUES SONGS

  1. Memphis Blues - W.C. Handy
  
"Memphis Blues", written 1909, published 1912. It is a distinct song from Handy's variety of songs

2. Crazy Blues - Mamie Smith
Crazy Blues is a song written by AJ Bower. It was recorded on August 10, 1920, by Mamie Smith and Her Jazz Hounds. Within a month of release, it had sold 75,000 copies.  
  
3. Pine Top Boogie - Pine Top Smith

12-29-1928 Chicago, Illinois
  

4. Dust My Broom - Elmore James
"Dust My Broom" is a blues standard originally recorded as "I Believe I'll Dust My Broom" by Robert Johnson, the Mississippi Delta blues singer and guitarist, on November 23, 1936 in San Antonio, Texas.  In posteriority interpreted by Elmore James.

  5. Boogie Chillun - John Lee Hooker
"Boogie Chillen'" (also sometimes listed as "Boogie Chillun'") is an electric blues song written by John Lee Hooker.

  6. Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters
"Mannish Boy" is a blues standard by Muddy Waters first recorded in 1955. It is an "answer song" to Bo Diddley's "I'm a Man", which was in turn inspired by Waters' and Willie Dixon's "Hoochie Coochie Man". "

 7. Stormy Monday - T-Bone Walker

is a blues song written by T-Bone Walker and first recorded in 1947. Confusingly, it is also sometimes referred to as "Stormy Monday Blues.

  
 8. Hellhound On My Trail - Robert Johnson
"Hellhound on My Trail" is a blues song recorded by Mississippi Delta bluesman Robert Johnson in 1937. Inspired by earlier blues songs,  it is considered one of Johnson's "best known and most admired performances—many would say it is his greatest".
  

9. Spoonful - Willie Dixon
"Spoonful" is a blues standard written by Willie Dixon and first recorded in 1960.


10. The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King
"The Thrill Is Gone" written by Roy Hawkins and Rick Darnell in 1951. In 1970, "The Thrill Is Gone" became a major hit for B.B. King. Subsequently, many blues and other artists have recorded their interpretations of the song.

11. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl - Sonny Boy Williamson I
"Good Morning, School Girl" or "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" is a blues standard that has been "covered countless times across the decades". First recorded by John Lee "Sonny Boy" Williamson, later it was a R&B chart success for Smokey Hogg and has been recorded by a variety of artists.


12. Born Under A Bad Sign - Albert King
"Born Under a Bad Sign" is a song written by Booker T. Jones (music) and William Bell (lyrics) originally recorded by Albert King as the title track for the album Born Under a Bad Sign released in 1967. Several cover versions of the song exist, most notably by Chicago blues band Paul Butterfield Blues Band, British rock group Cream, Paul Rodgers, Canadian guitarist Pat Travers, and American rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix.

13. Forty Four Blues - Roosevelt Sykes
"Forty-Four" or "44 Blues" is a blues standard whose origins have been traced back to early 1920s Louisiana. However, it was Roosevelt Sykes, who provided the lyrics and first recorded it in 1929, that helped popularize the song. "Forty-Four," through numerous adaptations and recordings, remains in the blues lexicon eighty years later.

14. Smokestack Lightnin' - Howlin' Wolf
"Smokestack Lightning" (or "Smoke Stack Lightning" as listed on the original single) is a classic of the blues. In 1956, Howlin' Wolf recorded the song and it became one of his most popular and influential songs. It is based on earlier blues songs and numerous artists later interpreted it.

15. Statesboro Blues - Taj Mahal
"Statesboro Blues" is a blues song in the key of D written by Blind Willie McTell; the title refers to the town of Statesboro, Georgia. Covered by many artists, the version by The Allman Brothers Band is especially notable and was ranked #9 by Rolling Stone in their list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time. In 2005, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ranked "Statesboro Blues" number 57 on its list of 100 Songs of the South.

Taj Mahal (1968)

Taj Mahal made a "wonderful modernized version" on his eponymous, 1968 debut album. The song (and Taj Mahal himself, who had yet to acquire fame) reached a wide audience through being featured on the best-selling Columbia/CBS sampler album The Rock Machine Turns You On. His arrangement is credited with inspiring The Allman Brothers Band. Mahal had recorded Stateboro Blues prior to the aforementioned rendition, in 1965 or 1966, as a member of the group Rising Sons; this recording was not released until 1992.

16. Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters
"Hoochie Coochie Man" (sometimes referred to as "(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man") is a blues standard written by Willie Dixon and first performed by Muddy Waters in 1954. The song was a major hit upon its release, reaching #8 on Billboard magazine's Black Singles chart. The intro and verse to Muddy Water's version feature stop-time while the chorus features a refrain. According to an account by Dave Van Ronk, Muddy Waters stated that the song is supposed to have a comic effect.



17. Juke - Little Walter
"Juke" is a harmonica instrumental recorded by then 22-year-old Chicago bluesman Little Walter Jacobs in 1952. Although Little Walter had been recording sporadically for small Chicago labels over the previous five years, and had appeared on Muddy Waters' records for the Chess label since 1950, Juke was Little Walter's first hit, and it was the most important of his career. Due to the influence of Little Walter on blues harmonica, Juke is now considered a blues harmonica standard.

19. Come In My Kitchen - Robert Johnson
"Come On in My Kitchen" is a blues song by Robert Johnson. Johnson recorded the song on Monday, November 23rd, 1936 at the Gunter Hotel in San Antonio, Texas - his first recording session. The melody is based on the song cycle by the string band the Mississippi Sheiks.

20. I'm a King Bee - Slim Harpo
"I'm a King Bee" is a swamp blues song that has been performed and recorded by numerous blues and other artists. In 2008, Slim Harpo's "I'm a King Bee" received a Grammy Hall of Fame Award, which "honor[s] recordings of lasting qualitative or historical significance".




20 EXTRA SONGS:


SONG
ARTIST
21. The Things That I Used To Do
Guitar Slim
22. Back Door Man
Willie Dixon
23. It's My Own Fault
B.B. King
24. I'm Tore Down
Freddie King
25. T-Bone Blues
T-Bone Walker
26. Sweet Home Chicago
Robert Johnson
27. Preaching The Blues
Son House
28. Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out
Bessie Smith
29. I Can't Be Satisfied
Muddy Waters
30. Shake Your Moneymaker
Elmore James
31. Matchbox Blues
Blind Lemon Jefferson
32. Hideaway
Freddie King
33. How Long, How Long Blues
Leroy Carr & Scrapper Blackwell
34. Five Long Years
B.B. King
35. Red House
Jimi Hendrix
36. Cross Road Blues
Robert Johnson
37. All Your Love
Magic Sam
38. Give Me Back My Wig
Hound Dog Taylor
39. Reconsider Baby
Lowell Fulson
40. Worried Life Blues
Sleepy John Estes


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Jakuba Lucas said...


Thank you for such a beautiful blog and I would like to write an article about how I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with all kinds of disease or need herbal medicine for illness. Here is his contact information [Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Web: www.drituaherbalcenter.com.
Thank you blog admin.

Post a Comment